Aug 19, 2012

After 10 days

My progress after 10 days
I have built the following:
  • Jet Control
    • Yaw, pitch, roll
    • Afterburner
  • Weapon
    • Cannon
  • HUD
    • Target Mark
    • Cannon Mark
  • Misc
    • Various Effects
      • Spark
      • Light Flares
      • Rocket Emission
    • Smooth Camera

I will be finishing the following features as my next step:
  • Missile System
  • Targeting System
    • Select target
    • Target in missile range checking
  • HUD
    • Speed Display
  • Upgrade afterburner
    • Limit afterburner time
    • Recharge afterburner


Picture Walkthrough
I have been using a simpler model for my earlier work in Blender in Unity. I built this whole new model yesterday and textured it today to fit the tone of the game.

The Jet
UV Unwrapping and Texturing of the Jet

These two are the test scene I have been using since the beginning of this project. The first scene is for testing the cannon and aiming system; while the second is for testing the jet controlling and maneuvering.
Fire!
The Afterburner!
I am now focusing on the missile system, which will include:

  • Ejection
  • Target Seeking
  • HUD Aim
  • HUD Target Picking

Visual representation of a missile's path

State machine for 3 phase of an active missile: Ejection, Seeking, Idle

No comments:

Post a Comment